All content is prepared by the Navajo County Sheriff’s Office and is printed in it’s entirety. All are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
The unincorporated areas of Pinedale, Claysprings, Overgaard and Heber (Area 3) are provided law enforcement services by the Navajo County Sheriff’s Office. The following are some of the calls for service for the weeks of June 25, 2017 through July 29, 2017.
- On Sunday June 25, 2017 Navajo County deputies responded to the 3300 block of Little Pine Drive in Overgaard regarding a disorderly offense. After further investigation, Alicia Brooks (38) of Overgaard was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- On Sunday June 25, 2017 Navajo County deputy responded to the 2700 block of Yates Road in Overgaard. After further investigation, Daniel Rios (27) of Overgaard was arrested for disorderly conduct and criminal damage per domestic violence. Daniel was transported and booked into the Navajo County Annex in Show Low.
- On Friday July 14, 2017 Navajo County deputy conducted a traffic stop on SR 260 and Pine Meadow Drive in Overgaard for speed. After further investigation, Christian Chevarillo (26) of Payson was arrested for DUI and open container. The passenger, Thomascita Skidmore (28) of Whiteriver, was arrested for open container in a vehicle. Christian was booked into the Navajo County Jail Annex in Show Low. Thomascita was booked into the Holbrook Jail.
- On Friday July 21, 2017 Navajo County deputies responded to the 3300 block of Buck Horn Bend in Overgaard about reports of people fighting on the road and a woman was on the ground. After further investigation Antasia Gillies (24) of Overgaard, was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct DV. Antasia was booked into the Navajo County Jail Annex in Show Low.
- On Saturday July 22, 2017 Navajo County deputies made a traffic stop on SR 260 in Overgaard for speed and tailgating. After further investigation Rafael Urquidi (72) of Show Low, was arrested for DUI. Rafael was booked into the Navajo County Jail Annex in Show Low.
- On Tuesday July 25, deputy conducted a traffic stop on State Route 260 mile post 314 outside Overgaard. The driver, a juvenile (17), was arrested, cited and released for traveling 100 mph in a posted 65 mph speed zone.
If you have any information that would assist the Sheriff’s Office in keeping your community safe, please contact a supervisor or deputy at any one of the local numbers: (928)536-7327, (928)532-6060, (928)535-7111, (928)524-4050, or (928)289-6850. Information can also be provided confidentially to WeTip at 1-800-782-7463.