We are sad to announce long time friend, Addie Scrivner, recently passed away. She began the thrift shop in the new building when the original one was destroyed in the 2002 Rodeo-Chedeski Fire. Our condolences to her family and friends.
Pictures from the July Bazaar:
If you are not a member yet, please stop by and check out all the things to do. Here’s a list of our activities:
- Bazaar inside and Flea Market outside Saturday August 11 at 8 am.
- Saturday August 25 at
9:00 a.m. AARP Safe Driving Class
5:00 p.m. until close is the Empty Pantry Dinner Fundraiser with a raffle and silent auction. Buy your tickets early and support this great cause for our community’s most vulnerable.
- Addie’s Thrift Store is open Mon-Sat from 9 – 1
- Line Dancing Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm for Beginners and 7pm for Intermediates.
- Walking classes M-W-F at 9 and again at 10.
- Art class Wednesday at 1pm.
- Mahjong, Dominos, Mexican Train, Cards Monday, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1pm. Fridays at 1pm Bridge, Mahjong, Dominos, & Mexican Train.
- Bunco on Thursdays at 6:15pm
- Bible Study “Drive Thru History The Gospels” Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- Gentlemen’s Coffee Thursdays at 8:30am
- Can-sorting on 1st & 3rd Wednesday 8:00am
Tuesday Talks, (brought to our community by Realtor® Teressa McCluskey of Pine Rim Realty) is held the first Tuesday of each month at the Center from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Upcoming Speakers are:
- 8/7 Deputy Chief William D. McCluskey from the Heber-Overgaard Fire Department to discuss present and future fire district operations.
- 9/4 Local Helicopter Air Ambulance Service Providers will discuss air medical transports and insurance options.
- 10/2 John J. Lopez, Law Enforcement Officer from the Forest Service Southwestern Region Law Enforcement and Investigations to discuss present and future fire seasons.
- 11/6 Rebecca Moffat, the Outpatient Registered Dietitian from Summit Healthcare will discuss diabetes for Diabetes Awareness Month.
The Rim Country Community Center will again offer the Diabetes Management Workshop. This will be the last one for 2018. Four classes will be offered from 9:30 to 10:45 as three on Tuesdays August 14th. 21st, and 28th, with the last class Thursday September 6th. The normal $450 class fee will be waived for the Rim Country Community Center attendees.