After a wait of two years, the Faith Lutheran Church is excited to announce the long awaited return of their very popular Silent Auction. This will take place on Saturday September 9 from 10:00am to 1:00pm at the Church on 2750 Mogollon Drive, Overgaard. This year, the format will be different in that the Auction will be a stand alone event with a food court serving brats and burgers. In addition, our own local band, SiRiNGo, will be entertaining the crowd.
There are over 50 items to entice bidders. Everything is either brand new, of collector quality or antique. Here is just a small sample of the treasures to tempt you:
- There are two beautiful curio cabinets with glass shelves
- 3 numbered collectors plates
- Fostoria glassware
- Two hand pieced and quilted quilts as well as a queen size younger quilt in patriotic colors and a quilt featuring cowboys
- Several Lennox pieces
- Hamilton Beach Wave Station Express Blender
- Two hand made serpentine stone African carvings – an abstract mother and young giraffe and a Cape Buffalo pair of book ends.
- A crystal pedestal cake stand
- An antique earthenware jug with matching bean pot
- A Monmouth cookie jar
- A silver plate vintage hand mirror
- A lovely moving porcelain doll music box on her own wooden chair
- A full silverware setting for 8 in original wooden case
- 3 sets of 31 matchbox cars in their cases
- An antique genuine beaver lamb fur jacket
- The men have not been forgotten either! They will have a hard time passing up:
- Tornado cordless 18 volt chainsaw
- Two Coleman LED lanterns
- Collectible basketball and football cards from the 90’s
- 8 foot canoe with oars and life jackets
- Portable battery operated air compressor
- Oak outdoor swing
- Two Bobbleheads – a 1999 Luis “Gonzo” Gonzalez and a 2017 Paul “Goldie” Goldschmidt.
- The ‘piece de resistance’ that will be very popular is a 6 foot church pew that was retired from our own Faith Lutheran Church.
There are so many more unusual and interesting items to catch your eye. There’s something for everybody. The Church is ready to welcome you to come, browse, bid and enjoy lunch with them while being entertained by the music of “SiRiNGo.”